I have chosen to use these props and costume because it makes the characters who they are. it makes the characters look the role they are playing.
I will gain access to these props and costume as I have some of the props and costume myself (e.g parka coat, lighter, school tie, school skirt, school jumper). I can also borrow dark clothing and the hats from my brother or my friends.
Characters costumes:
Male 1- Anna Woods:
This character shows the clear stereotype of the 'chav'. They are seen wearing a grey hoodie, zipped up to the top and the hood up to hide their face. They are also seen wearing socks with a cannabis leaf on them. This supports the stereotype that 'chavs' are druggies. And the term 'druggie' is seen as someone who is of a lower class. Here are examples of what the character was wearing.
Male 2- James Johnston:
As well as the first male character, this one also shows the clear stereotype of the 'chav'. I have shown the audience this again by the way the character is dressed. This character is also seen wearing a dark grey hoodie with the hood up so the face cannot be seen. The hoodie that this character is wearing also says 'Amsterdam' on it. Amsterdam is famous for the legalization of cannabis. This links up with the first character, who is seen wearing cannabis leaf socks. This adds more to the stereotype that 'chavs' are druggies, like I suggested in my first characters paragraph. Here are some examples of what the second male character was wearing.
Male 3- George Townson:
Again, this character shows the clear stereotype of the 'chav'. The character is seen wearing a checkered shacket (shirt/jacket). which is seen as very trendy at the moment. The fact that he is wearing a checkered pattern is sort of against the stereotype of the 'chav'. This suggests that he could be the good guy of the group. Here are the examples of what he was wearing:
Female 1- Hollie Townsend:
This character was very important in my filming, so I had to make sure she was dressed in the correct way. This character is stereotyped as indie/trendy, so she is seen as innocent and polite. Especially with her size in height, as she is very petite, this shows her as vunerable. Here are some examples of what she was wearing:
No comments:
Post a Comment